Friday 15 January 2010

nikon d3000 camera lens f stop?

I have a new Nikon D3000 and my grandpa gave me his old lenses like a macro wide angle ETC. i have a vivitar 100-300mm zoom f5 and when i turn the first ring on the lens it doesn't do anything but on all the other lenses it does something and i cannot change the iris size and idk why. It has that lever like my kit lens by the connector when you press it it makes it open and close but on my camera it only lets me shoot in M but idk if you can do something to make it work or if you can change the settings on the camera or what. on the lens it says automatic. please help im sooo bent out of shape thinking that the lens doesn't work. Thanks for you help.

Best Answer

I don't know about that particular combination, but I can speak in general terms:

Often (especially with older and/or cheap gear) you are able to attach a lens, but the electricals can't communicate with each other.

If you have to use it totally manually it makes it a bit more awkward, but at least you CAN use it.
Look at it as a fun challenge, if it will work like that, you're bound to learn a lot from the exercise.

Answer by selina_555 on 04 Jan 2010 09:39:41

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment